Community / Allgemeines aus der Luftfahrtbranche / Emirates

Beitrag 1711 - 1725 von 3209
1 | ... | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | ... | 214 | « zurück | weiter »
Beitrag vom 15.09.2014 - 20:52 Uhr
UserVergnuegen
User (337 Beiträge)
Vizepräsident und Vertriebsvorstand Thierry Antinori im Interview mit den Stuttgarter Nachrichten:

http://www.stuttgarter-nachrichten.de/inhalt.fluggesellschaft-emirates-wir-wuerden-gern-nach-stuttgart-fliegen.45708996-444f-4d4b-8ab3-4b699252c491.html
Beitrag vom 16.09.2014 - 10:19 Uhr
UserAvokus
User (888 Beiträge)
Well, should I come to Germany and write a blog about your working conditions?

At least you have unions and strike is not forbidden as in UAE, so you, actually have more tools to change what you consider inhumane.

I, also, think that your salaries are more suitable to the prices, and that you did not lose your dignity or treated like shit.And you do not have whole days forced overtime. "Expected" overtime is not forced ot.

People need to have some motivation at work: money to live normal lives. If not money, than respect from their superiors. If not respect, than good working conditions. If you have nothing, than all loses its meaning and you can resign or strike. Oh, wait, maybe you can not strike. In UAE.

Kind regards.

Not the land of milk an honey?
Dear Dragana,
I have read your post and your letter to the Sheik, and I can relate very much to you and your colleagues must be feeling. In your shoes I probably would not expect to much of a change to the positive and would be surprised if you received an answer at all, but who knows.
As to how Emirates carries it self one has to look at their business plan or rather the business plan of Dubai in particular and the UAE as a whole. This territory in the past has relied on income of oil and gas exploration, which served them well. Meanwhile in Dubai the reserves are nearly depleted and thus they had to look for alternative sources of income. The aviation industry and tourism play a vital part in this to attract funds and talent to Dubai. From the distance it all looks neat and impressive, but when one looks into the details as your own job for instance one can see not all is gold that glimmers. Dubai and Emirates and The UAE territories for that matter just have to make this concept work. It is why they bought the biggest airplanes at large numbers and hired staff at cheap rates in order to succeed over their competition. You and your colleagues play a crucial part in their strategy to work, which by the way will leave the rest of the airline industry in shambles.

You have more leverage than you think. The problem is as long as you bog down on these harassments their business model will work pulling down not only the rest of the airline industry but lastly all of you diligent workers.

I am and have always been very skeptical of the business model of Dubai. To me it is built on sand and it only serves the greedy in this world.

My advice to you and your colleagues from other countries is to quit. I can understand that your polite language to the Sheik has the purpose to tune him mildly. Nevertheless the only leverage you possess is to leave the company. I can not understand how you would still call Emirates the best company in the world. Frankly one could have known these problems coming before hand, to name a few special operating environment of gulf states with heat and operations at night, world financial crisis and its effects on the gulf states. Too many airplanes (A380, 777 and the like) chasing too few passengers. Decline of yields leading to pressure on costs and working conditions. These are all logical turn-outs, and we haven't seen the climax yet.

I hope you and your colleagues will make the right decisions.

Beitrag vom 16.09.2014 - 22:33 Uhr
UserDzouzi
User (7 Beiträge)
My contract is already terminated for not wanting to work so many hours for such a small salary.

I share your scepticism. :)

Dieser Beitrag wurde am 16.09.2014 22:34 Uhr bearbeitet.
Beitrag vom 17.09.2014 - 00:07 Uhr
UserDüse
User (390 Beiträge)
@Dragana:Thumps up for your letter to the Sheik.To get a complete picture of your previous situation please tell me what is behind
your salary of 3500AED.Is that per week or per shift.What about accomodation and transport?
Beitrag vom 17.09.2014 - 01:02 Uhr
UserDzouzi
User (7 Beiträge)
Ok, 3500 aed is a salary per month, plus 1650 aed accommodation allowance (per month also).

But this is the thing: since Dubai got organisation of EXPO 2020, all prices hit the sky, not to mention prices of the apartments and villas for rent (one studio apartment is around 36.000 until 40.000 per year). So, with your accommodation allowance you can not rent even a studio apartment (for one person) or even a room, you have to share it with one, two or three persons (because you have to pay bills and internet, also). And it is really important to find accommodation outside the company provided one, which is far away, in the industrial part of Dubai, and it is really depressive and poorly maintained.

Transport is also company provided, but there are no direct buses to the airport, except only couple of times per day. In most of the shifts, staff has to change two buses and lose more that hour to get to work and hour to come back from work, which is, altogether, 14 hours at work per day.

Keep in mind that staff there really work hard and that they all came there to save some money or, at least, travel the world. But with this salary you can not save (except if you are extreme in saving) and if you travel somewhere with the discount tickets, you have to starve for the rest of the month.

Everyone who educated themselves want to live good and dignified lives, so if they are working hard they, also, have the right to enjoy the outcomes of their work. If Emirates was poor company and UAE a poor African country, way of thinking would be different, I agree. But if you know that cabin crew has 10.000aed salaries, and managers have salaries starting from 30.000aed, than you know that whole company is living on your expense. But if you ask just a little bit more (100 or 200 euros) they will say no and fire you, because it is not in their interest for the reasons that are already explained here.

So, if you do agree that there are some less fortunate people who do not have what to eat, and you agree to work with this salary, then, at least, you expect to be respected and to have dignity. But they are treating you like they owe you, punish you for nothing and tell you "if you are not happy, go home". This is not the way of doing civilized business or dealing with human beings. Especially if we all know that their success is grounded on cheap labour. You get it cheap, so you better respect it.

Here is something about their disposable staff policy:

http://donotflyemirates.wordpress.com/2014/09/16/if-you-dont-like-it-there-are-many-others-who-want-to-take-your-place/

Dieser Beitrag wurde am 17.09.2014 01:15 Uhr bearbeitet.
Beitrag vom 17.09.2014 - 02:02 Uhr
Usereisenbart
User (186 Beiträge)
I am wondering there is no answer from FrequentC! Maybe he has no more arguments?

Dieser Beitrag wurde am 17.09.2014 02:04 Uhr bearbeitet.
Beitrag vom 17.09.2014 - 10:49 Uhr
UserGast
User (-4 Beiträge)
But there is also one important thing: You must prepare yourself if you want to live in another culture area.
If there are no unions, do not cry for unions!
EK(/AA, LH...) will always handle labour conflicts in a local style.

"if you are not happy, go home" - do it! Do you really expect any successful discussions in UAE?

If you didn't prepare yourself for this situation - your fault!

This sounds a little bit tough but what are your chances to change anything?

Beitrag vom 17.09.2014 - 13:11 Uhr
UserPinocchio
User (144 Beiträge)
FLUGREVUE in Koopereation mit aero.de Luftfahrtnachrichten - "eitere Verbindungen":  http://img4web.com/i/L6RWKP.jpg ;-)

"Emirates und die Fluggesellschaft Jetstar erweitern ihr Codeshare- und Vielflieger-Abkommen auf 30 Strecken eitere Verbindungen nach Südostasien, Australien und Neuseeland."
Beitrag vom 17.09.2014 - 13:14 Uhr
UserDzouzi
User (7 Beiträge)
Can you quote the part where I am complaining about unions?

Can you ever prepare yourself for contract violation? You sign for 42 hours per week, with no forced overtime, and you get more hours per week and forced overtime?

I liked the culture and local people, actually. I did not like the fact that even the things I have signed for are not respected and I am not respected.

You are not working FOR somebody, you are working WITH somebody. You don't sell your private life and your body to the company, you sell your knowledge and skills. And since they are earning a lot of money on behalf of that, they should pay you accordingly. You studied for so many years, you do your job honestly and without mistakes, you should be paid for your contribution to the company's profit.

"If you are not happy, go home" only sounds like a logical thing to do, but it is actually brutal emotional manipulation and a false choice. You just left your country, your previous job, you have been trough hell to adjust different climate and completely different culture, and you suppose to just go home? It is a loser logic, especially in the situation where a company makes business all over the world, including places where human and labour rights are respected.

International company makes business on the international ground and it should respect universal, international rules.

Beitrag vom 17.09.2014 - 13:32 Uhr
UserAvokus
User (888 Beiträge)
Ok, 3500 aed is a salary per month, plus 1650 aed accommodation allowance (per month also).

But this is the thing: since Dubai got organisation of EXPO 2020, all prices hit the sky, not to mention prices of the apartments and villas for rent (one studio apartment is around 36.000 until 40.000 per year). So, with your accommodation allowance you can not rent even a studio apartment (for one person) or even a room, you have to share it with one, two or three persons (because you have to pay bills and internet, also). And it is really important to find accommodation outside the company provided one, which is far away, in the industrial part of Dubai, and it is really depressive and poorly maintained.

Transport is also company provided, but there are no direct buses to the airport, except only couple of times per day. In most of the shifts, staff has to change two buses and lose more that hour to get to work and hour to come back from work, which is, altogether, 14 hours at work per day.

Keep in mind that staff there really work hard and that they all came there to save some money or, at least, travel the world. But with this salary you can not save (except if you are extreme in saving) and if you travel somewhere with the discount tickets, you have to starve for the rest of the month.

Everyone who educated themselves want to live good and dignified lives, so if they are working hard they, also, have the right to enjoy the outcomes of their work. If Emirates was poor company and UAE a poor African country, way of thinking would be different, I agree. But if you know that cabin crew has 10.000aed salaries, and managers have salaries starting from 30.000aed, than you know that whole company is living on your expense. But if you ask just a little bit more (100 or 200 euros) they will say no and fire you, because it is not in their interest for the reasons that are already explained here.

So, if you do agree that there are some less fortunate people who do not have what to eat, and you agree to work with this salary, then, at least, you expect to be respected and to have dignity. But they are treating you like they owe you, punish you for nothing and tell you "if you are not happy, go home". This is not the way of doing civilized business or dealing with human beings. Especially if we all know that their success is grounded on cheap labour. You get it cheap, so you better respect it.

Here is something about their disposable staff policy:

http://donotflyemirates.wordpress.com/2014/09/16/if-you-dont-like-it-there-are-many-others-who-want-to-take-your-place/

Dear Dragana,
you are absolutely right, especially the part about dignity. I know this doesn't help you or your colleagues that are still working under this yoke. Be assured this business model of Emirates (Dubai) and the like will have no future. It got started by megalomaniacs, and is supported by greedy individuals without any conscience (expat managers, mostly U.K. who have a proven track record (colonialism) of forcing the underlings into submission). They are only interested in their own good. Without them the rag heads had never gotten so dirt rich. The rag heads, excuse my language, would be completely lost without all the expats.

The difficult part for every one is not to fall for the lure of money.
Beitrag vom 17.09.2014 - 13:39 Uhr
UserAvokus
User (888 Beiträge)
But there is also one important thing: You must prepare yourself if you want to live in another culture area.
If there are no unions, do not cry for unions!
EK(/AA, LH...) will always handle labour conflicts in a local style.

"if you are not happy, go home" - do it! Do you really expect any successful discussions in UAE?

If you didn't prepare yourself for this situation - your fault!

This sounds a little bit tough but what are your chances to change anything?

One individual cannot change the system, but he can be a seed and encourage others to follow suit and live up to their own conscience
Beitrag vom 17.09.2014 - 13:44 Uhr
UserDzouzi
User (7 Beiträge)
Well, most of the UK managers are sitting there and watching or participating labour rights violations, so, yes, I agree, pure colonialism in a new form.

The sad part is that they do not see that they are falling apart and that there is no future. Locals blindly believe in UK and Australian expats, and those expats are just taking the money and go back to their home countries.

UAE is milked like a cow.

Thank you for understanding. :)

Dieser Beitrag wurde am 17.09.2014 13:48 Uhr bearbeitet.
Beitrag vom 17.09.2014 - 13:54 Uhr
UserFrequentC
User (874 Beiträge)
@eisenhart schrieb
I am wondering there is no answer from FrequentC! Maybe he has no more arguments?
Ich bin schon hier.
Was soll ich über Frust von @Dzouzi schreiben.
Wer in den Nahen Osten geht sollte genau wissen was er macht und wenn ich lese wie teilweise "naiv" sie die Arbeitszeiten oder Entlohnung sieht und denkt es wäre nur in DXB so, hat keinerlei Ahnung was auf unserer wunderbaren Welt los ist.
@Dzouzi ist frustriert, das DXB / EK nicht nach ihren Vorstellungen ist oder war. Sie denkt bei uns ist alles Gut. Das sagt doch einiges über ihre Vorbereitung oder Wissen aus was man sich vor einem Auslandseinsatz eigentlich einholen muß. Daher gebe ich auf den Brief und ihre Beiträge hier nicht viel.

PS: @eisenhart
Das gerade ein in China lebender andere "unterdrückte" so bemitleidet zeigt doch einen wunderbaren Realitätsverlust. Warum kümmerst du dich nicht um die Millionen unterdrückter Chinesen oder den dortigen "miserablen" Bauleistungen auf denen du immer wieder hinweist...
Beitrag vom 17.09.2014 - 14:09 Uhr
UserDzouzi
User (7 Beiträge)
I am sorry FrequentC, I do not speak German and google translate is awful.

I was, actually, very prepared and I did not want to go to Dubai at first, but since situation in Serbia is not good, I went expecting all the bullshit, but with a signed contract in my hands. I signed, company signed, so I do have a right to complain about contract violation.

System of human and labour rights exists for a reason.

Dieser Beitrag wurde am 17.09.2014 14:11 Uhr bearbeitet.
Beitrag vom 17.09.2014 - 14:12 Uhr
Usereisenbart
User (186 Beiträge)
@FrequentC: Jetzt musste ich gerade so laut lachen, dass meine Kinder ins Wohnzimmer gekommen sind und gefragt haben, was denn los sei. Nur gut, dass du nicht weißt, was ich hier in China mache.

Rede dir nur die menschenunwürdigen Arbeitsbedingungen in der Welt schön, genieße die billigen Produkte, die daraus entstehen und nenne alle anderen naiv, die daran was ändern wollen. Da bin ich doch gerne mal naiv.
1 | ... | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | ... | 214 | « zurück | weiter »